Installation of the tinydnssec patch
This patch is not against stock djbdns. Here's the minimal set of patches to install before the tinydnssec patch applies:
Unfortunately, fefe refuses to name a license for this patch, which means that I cannot redistribute it.
- My own fixes to the Makefile (IPv6-related): djbdns-ipv6-make.patch
- Download and unpack the original djbdns sources.
- Download and apply the patches listed above.
- Download and unpack tinydnssec in the top-level source directory.
- Apply djbdns-1.05-dnssec.patch.
- Compile as per usual instructions.
- Optional: run tests (see below).
- Install djbdns as per original instructions, or whatever your preferred method is.
tinydns-sign.plin your preferred location for system executables, like e. g.
- Optional: create a manpage for tinydns-sign using e. g.
pod2man -s 8 -c '' "tinydns-sign.pl" >tinydns-sign.8
then install it in your preferred location for system manpages.
test/datausing keys from
test/example*, then issue some queries using tinydns-get, i. e. without any networking involved.
- As root, start tinydns / axfrdns on a local address (127.0.0.3) with
ROOT pointing to the
testdirectory, then execute
SERVER=127.0.0.3 run-tests.sh -t -u
to test the same queries via tcp and udp.